The Girl Scout Cookie program is more than a fundraiser. It's a fun way for girls to earn money to realize their dreams, and it's a hands-on leadership and financial literacy program unlike any other in the world. The knowledge and skills learned serves them for a lifetime. Girls gain essential skills, not from a book, but from real-life experiences building a strong foundation for success.
The Girl Scout Cookie Program teaches Girl Scouts skills to
grow into leaders in their own life, in business and in the world:
- Goal Setting: Sets cookie sales goals individually and, with her team, creates a plan to reach them. She develops Cooperation and Team Building skills all along the way!
- Decision Making: Helps decide how her team spends their cookie money, furthering critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Money Management: Takes cookie orders, handles customers’ money, and gains valuable and practical life skills around financial literacy.
- People Skills: Learns how to talk to, listen to and work with all kinds of people while selling cookies. These experiences help her develop Healthy Relationship and Conflict Resolution skills that she can use throughout her life.
- Business Ethics: Be honest and responsible at every step of the cookie sale.
Her business ethics reinforce the positive values she is developing as a Girl Scout.