All About The Nation's Capital Cookie Sale!
Cookies sell for $4.00 per box in the Nation’s Capital except for the gluten-free pilot cookie for 2015- Toffee-tastic which sells for $5.00. Money is collected upon delivery (except for Gift of Caring orders which can be paid for when ordered since no delivery is involved).
Where to Find Cookies!:
Troops will be conducting booth sales all over the council area from late February through March. If you're having trouble finding a booth in your local community, please check out our Cookie Locator to identify a booth sale in your neighborhood.
- Troop retains $.65 per box sold on Traditional Reward plan (i.e. girls earn reward items)
- Troop retains $.70 per box sold on Additional Proceeds plan (i.e. patches and troop goal achiever rewards are earned)
- Tiered proceeds awarded to troops after 1300 boxes- add $0.03 for each box sold
- Super Troop Incentive awarded to troops that reached a $175 PGA in Fall product-add $0.02 for each box sold
How the Cookie Crumbles:
The Girl Scout Council of the Nation's Capital serves over 63,900 girls, 25,100 adults, and 4,900 troops in the Greater Washington Region. The Cookie program plays an important role in strengthening your Council's resources. Because of the Cookie program, the Council is able to maintain eight camp properties, develop high-quality girl programs, run affordable sleep-away and day camps, provide adult volunteer trainings, and much, much more...
- $0.69 Troop Proceeds (average based on various incentive structures)
- $2.26 Supports Direct Service to Girls and Adults
- Financial assistance for girls
- Camp programs and property maintenance
- Council-wide programs
- Training for adult volunteers
- Marketing, technological, and web support
- Staff support for associations, service units, and troops
- $1.05 Cost of product, transportation, promotion, Service Unit proceeds, rewards, administrative costs and debt
|Dec 19, 2014- Jan 20, 2015
||Girls take initial orders
|February 9 – 20, 2015
||Initial order delivery, order taking continues
|February 20 - March 22, 2015
||Booth sales, order taking continues
|March 22 – March 29, 2015
||Cookies on the Go!
|March 29, 2015
||Cookie Sale Activities end
About Our Cookies:
Our cookies are baked without high-fructose corn syrup by Little Brownie Bakers of Louisville, Kentucky, one of two companies in the country licensed by GSUSA to bake Girl Scout Cookies.
Little Brownie Bakers’ Consumer Service Department understands your need to obtain answers. For answers to your questions regarding the Girl Scouts® Cookies product produced by our baker, check out these “Frequently Asked Questions”.