Girl Scout Shop Clerk
This position has been filled. Thank you.
POSITION: Girl Scout Shop Clerk
REPORTS TO: Mini Shop Supervisor
PRIMARY AREAS OF WORK:
Assists in carrying out merchandising activities necessary to the successful operation of a retail shop.
- Ensures that stock levels are maintained on the merchandise units in neat and attractive manner.
- Assist in processing and marking incoming merchandise.
- Provides courteous and efficient service to customers, by phone, and in a self-service setting.
- Receives all incoming deliveries for the shop.
- Processes cash, credit card and check transactions.
- Places any special orders and communicates delivery schedules, etc. to customers.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- High School diploma or GED plus experience working in a retail store (i.e. sales clerk).
- Proven ability to work with multiple tasks in an organized, well-paced manner.
- Knowledge and demonstrated ability to perform arithmetic computations and to handle cash and credit transactions using electronic cash register.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with staff and the public.
- Excellent verbal communications skills.
- Must be able to work on a flexible schedule, which may include evening and/or weekend work.
- Must be able to lift 25 pounds without difficulty.
- Basic knowledge of the all the Girl Scout program levels
- Basic cash-handling experience
- Creative skills in merchandising/display
- Strong customer service skills/interactio
Interested candidates should send cover letter and resume to:
Senior Staff Recruiter
Girl Scout Council of the Nation's Capital
4301 Connecticut Ave, NW, Suite M-2
Washington, DC 20008
Via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Via fax: 202-274-2161
Equal Opportunity Employer
Back to Current Openings