Linguistic Outreach Membership Specialist
This position has been filled. Thank you.
POSITION: Linguistic Outreach Membership Specialist - Spanish
REPORTS TO: Membership Initiatives Manager
PRIMARY AREAS OF WORK:
The Linguistic Outreach Membership Specialist works with linguistic outreach for the Girl Scout Council of the Nation’s Capital in an assigned geographic area. Work is characterized by meeting goals, resolving problems, and supporting staff with Hispanic outreach. This position is responsible for increasing membership of Latina girls and supports council-wide linguistic outreach efforts.
- Increase visibility in the Latina community by identifying resources, forming beneficial partnerships with groups, businesses, etc., planning and participating in activities which provide the opportunity to enhance visibility and making presentations to promote awareness of Girl Scouting and its benefits.
- Oversee recruitment events and evaluates feasibility in participating in festivals and community-based activities.
- Has primary responsibility in the planning and implementation of the grant-funded program Encuentro de Chicas Latinas de las Girl Scouts.
- Has responsibility for grant delivery and reporting and provides regular reports to the Development department.
- Create and implement inclusion measurement tools to monitor outcomes.
- Plan the delivery of outreach presentations to ensure continuity and cooperation of activities.
- Support leaders and administrative volunteers by providing assistance with the implementation and coordination of program activities, recruitment, training, council events, etc.
- Support existing spring and summer programs and camps by providing additional assistance (i.e. field trips, staff consultants, program materials, etc.).
- Serve in an advisory capacity to Membership Specialists on issues related to the Latina community.
- Plan, develop and implement summer day programs in the Latina community which provide quality experience for children and volunteers, enhance the position of Girl Scouting in the Latina community, and contribute to recruitment and retention of girls and adults.
- Oversee the translation of Council-wide documents and publications.
- Research and analyze statistical data on the Hispanic community.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience in a related field is required. Substantial knowledge of and experience in the human services field and/or community service agency is required.
- Thorough understanding and appreciation of the importance of family, cultural heritage, traditions, and values within the context of the Hispanic community.
- Demonstrated ability to manage people and projects as shown by previous work with families and youth in the Hispanic community.
- Acknowledged research and evaluation techniques.
- Superior interpersonal communication skills.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Proven ability to work effectively in a public community setting.
- Must be able to lift 35 pounds without difficulty.
- Able to maintain a flexible work schedule consisting of frequent, evening and weekend meetings and activities.
- Must have access to an automobile for daily travel within the jurisdiction.
Interested candidates should send cover letter and resume to:
Senior Staff Recruiter
Girl Scout Council of the Nation's Capital
4301 Connecticut Ave, NW, Suite M-2
Washington, DC 20008
Via email: email@example.com
Via fax: 202-274-2161
Equal Opportunity Employer
Back to Current Openings