Teen Program Assistant
This position has been filled. Thank you.
POSITION: Teen Program Assistant, part time seasonal (Spring Semester)
REPORTS TO: Teen Program Specialist
Primary Areas of Responsibility:
The Teen Program Assistant is responsible for organizing and delivering key components of select events and programs for Girl Scout teens (girls in grades 6-12.) The incumbent will assist the Teen Program Specialist on items related tthe Congressional Aide program, Awards program, and the In Your Honor ceremony.
- Working closely with the Teen Program Specialist and the Congressional Aide Committee, provide logistical support for the Congressional Aide program, including office outreach, program coordination, member research, and organization of related events.
- Assist with the selection of girls for high-profile government programming opportunities, including Congressional Aide Visibility Day.
- Maintain regular communication with congressional office staffers by confirming date participation and coordination of shadow program.
- Work cooperatively with the Program Department Administrative Assistant and the Public Relations staff as required on items related tawards publicity.
- Provide support for the In Your Honor awards ceremony, including creating print materials, organizing for the day of the event, and coordinating with volunteers.
- Maintain an accurate list of volunteers for events, provide supervision, and assign them appropriate tasks.
- Maintain regular contact with Teen Program Specialist regarding project updates and potential challenges.
- Other duties as assigned.
Excellent organizational skills and attention tdetail in a busy environment.
Superb oral and written communication skills.
Self-starter willing tmake cold calls on behalf of the Congressional Aide program.
Professional appearance and demeanor.
Ability twork effectively with adults and teens on a variety of programs.
Familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite.
Must provide own transportation.
This position requires occasional evening and weekend hours.
Interested candidates should send cover letter and resume to:
Senior Staff Recruiter
Girl Scout Council of the Nation's Capital
4301 Connecticut Ave, NW, Suite M-2
Washington, DC 20008
Via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Via fax: 202-274-2161
Equal Opportunity Employer
Back to Current Openings