Teen Program Assistant
This position has been filled. Thank you.
POSITION: Teen Program Assistant, part time seasonal (late fall—late spring)
REPORTS TO: Teen Program Specialist
Primary Areas of Responsibility:
The Teen Program Assistant is responsible for organizing and delivering key components of select events and programs for Girl Scout teens (girls in grades 6-12.) The incumbent will assist the Teen Program Specialist on items related to the Congressional Aide program, Awards program, and the In Your Honor ceremony.
- Working closely with the Teen Program Specialist and the Congressional Aide Committee, provide logistical support for the Congressional Aide program, including office outreach, development of marketing materials, and organization of related events.
- Assist with the selection of girls for high-profile government programming opportunities, including Congressional Aide and Take Our Daughters to Congress Day.
- Work cooperatively with the Program Department Administrative Assistant and the Public Relations staff as required on items related to awards publicity.
- Provide support for the In Your Honor awards ceremony, including creating print materials, arranging for speakers and entertainers, and coordinating with vendors and volunteers.
- Maintain an accurate list of volunteers for events, provide supervision, and assign them appropriate tasks.
- Maintain regular contact with Teen Program Specialist regarding project updates and potential challenges.
- Submit Program Assistant Worksheet at least twice each month to Teen Program Specialist.
- Other duties as assigned.
Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail in a busy environment.
Superb oral and written communication skills.
Professional appearance and demeanor.
Ability to work effectively with adults and teens on a variety of programs.
Must provide own transportation.
This position requires occasional evening and weekend hours.
For consideration please mail resume to HR/Business Manager recruitment, GSCNC 4301 Connecticut Avenue, NW, Washington, DC 20008, fax 202-274-2161, email email@example.com For more info
Back to Current Openings