Teen Program Intern
This position has been filled.
POSITION: Teen Program Intern, part time seasonal (Fall Semester)
REPORTS TO: Teen Program Specialist
Primary Areas of Responsibility:
The Teen Program Intern is responsible for organizing and delivering key components of select events and programs for Girl Scout teens (girls in grades 6-12.) The incumbent will assist the Teen Program Specialist on items related to the Program Aide (PA) program, Awards program, and other various events.
- Working closely with the Teen Program Specialist, update and develop Council Program Aide training and materials.
- Assist with the planning and implementation of a Council Cookie PA training.
- Work cooperatively with the Program Department Administrative Assistant and the Public Relations staff as required on items related to awards publicity.
- Maintain an accurate list of volunteers for events, provide supervision, and assign them appropriate tasks.
- Maintain regular contact with Teen Program Specialist regarding project updates and potential challenges.
- Submit Program Assistant Worksheet at least twice each month to Teen Program Specialist.
- Other duties as assigned.
Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail in a busy environment.
Superb oral and written communication skills.
Professional appearance and demeanor.
Ability to work effectively with adults and teens on a variety of programs.
Must provide own transportation.
This position requires occasional evening and weekend hours.
Interested candidates should send cover letter and resume to:
Girl Scout Council of the Nation's Capital
4301 Connecticut Ave, NW, Suite M-2
Washington, DC 20008
Via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Via fax: 202-274-2161
The Girl Scout Council of the Nation's Capital is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Back the Current Openings