Administrative Assistant, Adult Volunteer Development
This position has been filled. Thank you.
POSITION: Administrative Assistant, Adult Volunteer Development
REPORTS TO: Department Manager
PRIMARY AREAS OF WORK: Provides customer service to adult volunteers in the subject areas of recruitment, training and appreciation. Supports the work of the department through organizational and administrative tasks.
Receives telephone calls and emails and exercises strong customer service skills and professional judgment in responding to, or transferring, volunteer inquiries.
Coordinates the marketing of training opportunities, by communicating directly with volunteer trainers and the Volunteer Development Specialists.
Prepares and distributes materials to volunteer trainers in advance of their training sessions.
Coordinates the loan process for all equipment such as easels, laptops and LCD projectors.
Effectively manages Access and online databases for volunteer training records as well as for department reports.
Efficiently prepares materials and makes all arrangements for meetings and special events as required.
Maintains accurate files for both staff and volunteer use.
Maintains the inventory of office equipment, supplies and training course materials and places orders, receives orders and verifies charges.
Participates in a schedule to relieve the reception desk, to work on council-wide data entry projects, or to assist with other projects as needed.
Performs other related duties as required.
- High school diploma or GED plus two years responsible administrative experience or successful completion of business administration program and one year of reasonable administrative experience.
- Experience with Microsoft Office, including Microsoft Word, Excel and Access.
- Strong customer service skills; ability to work in a fast paced environment requiring extensive telephone and public contact.
- Ability to type 50-60 wpm using a personal computer.
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communications skills.
Please forward resume/cover letter to: GSCNC, Human Resources, 4301 Connecticut Avenue, NW, Washington, DC 20008, fax 202-274-2161, email email@example.com For more info
Back to Current Openings