To Be a Troop Leader, Money Manager, Cookie Manager, Camping Adult
In 5 easy steps!
- Apply Now:
- Before your first troop meeting, complete a volunteer application online.
- Click here to be a reference (for your friend/acquaintance who wants to be a troop leader)
- Become a Member:
- Before your first troop meeting, register with Girl Scouts of the USA.
- Get Connected:
- Connect with your local point of contact for information about getting your troop started.
- Get Trained:
- Within 3 months of your first troop meeting, complete Basic Leadership and Program level courses.
- Within 6 months of your first troop meeting, attend at least 2 courses in person, easily done at a training blitz, or attend a Cookout Campout class. (If you take your Basic Leadership and Program Level classes in-person, you fulfill both requirements!)
See the training choices for new leaders.
- Stay Connected:
- Attend monthly meetings of your Service Unit (neighborhood group of Girl Scout Troops) to network with, get ideas and help from other leaders, volunteers and staff in your area.
- Expand your Girl Scout knowledge through additional training (games, songs, crafts, camping, etc.)