This position has been filled. Thank you.
POSITION: Camping Specialist
REPORTS TO: Camping Services Manager
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITES: Under general supervision and direction, the Camping Specialist is primarily responsible for the coordination of Community-Based and Fee-Funded programs throughout the calendar year. The incumbent proactively supports Council goals for Camping Services through collaboration with Membership Services with a focus on increasing girl enrollment and retention.
- Ensure the development and implementation of Day and Sleep Away programs.
- Work with the Membership staff and Public Relations to advertise and market all day camp and sleep away camp programs.
- Review and revise, annually, day camp manuals.
- Develop and lead Camp Director and Membership Staff annual trainings specific to day camp operations.
- Oversee registration process for day camp programs including updating web pages, and responding to participant inquiries.
- Responsible for the management and follow through of all day camp health and safety issues and ensure all camping programs meet GSUSA guidelines and state regulations.
- Work directly with Membership Specialists to coordinate and ensure high quality day camp programming.
- Coordinate grant program delivery and reporting.
- Oversee program supplies and bus contracts for all day camp programs.
- Assist membership staff in identifying and securing locations for day camp programs.
- Responsible for the coordinating the collection and reporting of statistics related to day camp programs.
- Maintain a master schedule of school events, holidays, and breaks to assist with the scheduling of council camping events
- Other duties as assigned.
Interested candidates should send cover letter and resume to:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in a related field is required.
- Substantial knowledge of and experience in the human services field and/or community service agency.
- Demonstrated ability to manage people and projects as shown by previous work with families and youth.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Knowledge of Survey Monkey would be helpful.
- Acknowledged research and evaluation techniques.
- Excellent interpersonal communication and presentation skills.
- Proven ability to work effectively in a public community setting.
- Must be able to lift 35 pounds without difficulty.
- Must be able to maintain a flexible work schedule consisting of frequent, evening and weekend meetings and activities.
- Must have access to an automobile for travel within the jurisdiction.
Senior Staff Recruiter
Girl Scout Council of the Nation's Capital
4301 Connecticut Ave, NW, Suite M-2
Washington, DC 20008
Via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Via fax: 202-274-2161
Equal Opportunity Employer
Back to Current Openings