Important Information Regarding Medication at DAY Camp
Please read the following information thoroughly as we want to be clear as to our medication policy and the required documentation.
A Medication Permission Form can be downloaded at the BOTTOM of this page.
Please consult Sleep Away Camp material to learn more about their procedures as they may vary slightly to do the length and nature of Sleep Away Camp.
- No medication of any nature will be supplied by a GSCNC camp, including over the counter medications like Benadryl, Neosporin or Acetaminophen.
- Medication that needs to be administered at camp must be supplied by the individual family and labeled with their full name.
- Medication MUST be in its original container. It cannot be dispensed into a plastic baggie or any other container.
- Medication with the exception of an inhaler or epipen must be kept at the first aid station in a locked container. Inhaler and epipens may be kept within the unit.
- Medication MUST be accompanied by a completed and signed Medication Permission Form.
- If you are sending over the counter medication the form must be signed by the parent as well as a physician.
- If you are only sending prescription medication that contains a current prescription label then parent only needs to have a parent signature.
- At least one dose of the medication must have been given at home. This means that the child has to have had received that kind of medication previously at home before receiving it camp. This ensures that there is no adverse reaction to a medication the child may not be familiar with.
- If a child has a medication permission form from school, a letter from a physician or a medication permission form from another camp, we can accept this as long as...
- The Form is still valid (some school forms expire)
- It includes all the pertinent information needed...
- Child's Name
- Medication Name
- Reason for taking the medication
- Date of dose taken prior to camp
- Dosage information (how much and at what intervals)
- Parent Signature
- Physician Signature
- Physician Address and Phone Number
DOWNLOAD MEDICATION PERMISSION FORM FOR DAY CAMP HERE
Frequently Asked Questions About Health Care and Medication at DAY Camp