Have you ever looked around your neighborhood or school and wondered how you could make a change for the better? Going for the Girl Scout Silver Award—the highest award a Girl Scout Cadette can earn—gives you the chance to do big things and make your community better in the process.
You can pursue your Girl Scout Silver Award if:
You're in sixth, seventh, or eighth grade (or equivalent)
You're a registered Girl Scout Cadette
You have completed a Cadette Journey (Earning all awards, including
the Take Action project)
Read through the Silver Award Online Approval
Tool Questions Guide
After you have completed the Council online approval tool, work with your troop leader to receive final approval on your project idea
Identify an issue you care about
- Look around your community to find a problem you want to solve!
- You may begin working on the Silver Award prerequisites as soon as you bridge to or register as a Girl Scout Cadette.
Build your Girl Scout Silver Award team or decide to go solo
- Pick up to three team members who have the same goals as you.
- Every member of the team needs to be able to contribute about 50 hours.
Explore your community
- Locate and contact an organization in your community that is connected to the topic of your project
- Ask an adult at that organization to be your project advisor (it’s great practice for the Gold Award!)
Pick your Silver Award project
- Complete the Council Online Approval Tool and work with your troop advisor to get the final approval to begin your project.
- Keep a copy of your approval page, you’ll need it later!
Develop your project
- Work with the organization in your community to design a project that will solve the problem you chose.
Make a plan and put it into motion
- Write your plan down and use your teamwork skills to give every team member a role and responsibilities.
Reflect, share your story, and celebrate
- Now that you have completed your project, fill out your Silver Award Final Report (Word) | (PDF) and attach your printed approval page from Step Four and submit it to your leader.
- This form must be turned in to your troop advisor by September 30th of the year you complete 8th grade and enter 9th grade.
Congratulations, you have completed your Silver Award!
For best results when dowloading forms, please use the latest version of Adobe Acrobat.