We are excited to announce that Girl Scouts Nation's Capital is a finalist for the Helios HR Apollo Awards, which recognize Washington-area organizations that have outstanding employee development initiatives. At Girl Scouts Nation’s Capital, we strive to create an exceptional work environment through programs like “Culture of Commitment,” in which staff create a project that demonstrates a tenet of the Girl Scout law.
Working for Girl Scouts
Imagine working for an organization that makes a positive difference in the lives of girls and a lasting impact on the community--a place that builds girls of courage, confidence and character, who make the world a better place. Now imagine working for Girl Scouts.
Working for Girl Scouts Nation’s Capital is about much more than a job. It’s about passion and commitment to help girls – all girls – grow into the best version of themselves. It’s about delivering leadership programs for girls, working side-by-side with volunteers to bring the Girl Scout mission to life and forming lasting partnerships in the community.
If you are ready to embark on a challenging, yet rewarding career, get started by viewing our job opportunities.
Girl Scouts Nation’s Capital is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Regular Full-Time Opportunities
Washington, DC Office
Germantown, MD Office
Lorton, VA Office
- Membership Specialist (Serving Herndon, Centreville, Chantilly, & Oakton, VA)
Seasonal Part-Time Opportunities
- Sleep-Away Camp Opportunities
- Girl Scout Shop Clerk (Germantown, MD)
- Girl Scout Shop Clerk - Saturdays Only (Centreville, VA)
- Girl Scout Shop Merchandiser (Washington, DC)
- Field Assistant (Berkeley, Jefferson, & Morgan Counties, WV)
- Field Assistant (Allegany County, MD)
When joining Girl Scouts Nation’s Capital in a regular full-time or regular part-time staff position, you will enjoy the following benefits package:
- Health insurance
- Dental and vision plan
- Life and AD&D insurance
- Long-term disability insurance
- 403(b) plan with employer contribution and match
- A generous paid-time-off policy, beginning with four weeks for professional staff and more than two weeks for business support staff
- 10 paid holidays, annually – including 1 floating holiday
- 12 paid sick days, annually
- 10 paid New Child Leave days for qualifying staff
- Flexible spending plans for certain medical and dependent care expenses
- 529 College Savings Plan
- Employee assistance program
- Direct deposit
- Metro SmartBenefits® (pretax transportation program)
- Garage parking at our main office, conveniently paid through pretax payroll deduction
- Free parking at our satellite offices