Including ALL Girls
Girl Scouts provide an inclusive and enriching community that is accessible to ALL girls.
The Including ALL Girls Initiative
Funded by generous grants from Mitsubishi Electric America Foundation and the HSC Foundation, Including ALL Girls educates girls about inclusion and how they can include girls with disabilities in all aspects of Girl Scouts. GSCNC strives to make inclusion a top priority in Girl Scouts. For this purpose, GSCNC designed a specific inclusion position for our council. The Inclusion Specialist serves as a resource and a guide to ensure the inclusion of girls with disabilities within the Girl Scout community.
Kids Included Together (KIT) Partnership
Known as the leader in providing best practices to community-based programs that work with children with disabilities, KIT is now partnering with GSCNC. Partnership benefits will include:
- Ability to participate in live/online trainings
-Topics could include (but are not limited to): ADHD, Autism, Challenging Behavior, Communicating with Parents, etc.
- Access to customized, online GSCNC learning page
- Phone support center hours and access to more inclusion specialists
- Instructional videos
To find out more about KIT, contact the Inclusion Specialist via email
or phone (202-534-3791) or visit KIT's website
Tell Us What You Think!
Do you want to make sure ALL girls are able to fully participate in Girl Scouts? We do too! We need your feedback to ensure that needs are being met for all girls to have an enriching Girl Scout experience. Any information would be helpful, but keep in mind that all questions are 100% confidential and voluntary. Click SURVEY
What can the Inclusion Specialist do for me?
- Training or guidance on how to be inclusive at your camp or in your troop
- Provide adaptive resources for girls with disabilities to fully participate in activities
- Recruit in an area that you feel is underserved and Girl Scouts is needed
- Help to educate on inclusion and disability awareness
- Provide resources on inclusion from the Inclusion Resource Center
- Contact GSCNC's Inclusion Specialist via email or by calling 202-534-3791