This position has been filled. Thank you.
POSITION: Membership Specialist
REPORTS TO: Area Membership Manager
PRIMARY AREAS OF WORK:
Under the Area Membership Manager’s supervision and direction, the Membership Specialist is primarily responsible for mastering membership development skills, meeting council goals for recruitment and retention of girl and adult members in an assigned geographic area, supporting and overseeing volunteers and identifying volunteers for administrative roles and supporting all other Council and GSUSA goals as indicated.
Contribute to the overall accomplishment of the Corporate Goals by meeting membership registration goals for girls, demographic representation and other identified elements in an assigned geographic area. This includes:
- Develop and implement recruitment and retention strategies to meet an annual girl recruitment goal.
- Develop and implement girl programs that further increase Girl Scout visibility and help achieve annual girl membership goals.
- Recruit, appoint, orient and supervise certain administrative volunteers with a special emphasis on increasing diversity where need exists.
- Work with volunteers to organize troops by recruiting and retaining leaders and recruiting/placing girls in troops.
- Managing volunteer administrative roles when volunteer vacancies exist.
- Support volunteer leadership development through regular contact/meetings, timely communication, team building activities, problem solving, conflict resolution and effective liaison with council staff.
- Research and analyze demographic factors and statistics to formulate recruitment strategies and take appropriate action to ensure inclusiveness and attainment of participation goals by all groups.
- Train registrars and organizers and coordinate the registration process for an assigned area.
- Review troop paperwork and submit according to established procedures and deadlines.
- Maintain accurate records on membership, geographical diversity, event participation, retention and report as required to managers and council staff.
- Track saturation rates/market share for assigned area and plan to increase where necessary.
- Increase Girl Scout visibility in the community by identifying resources and forming beneficial partnerships through planning and participating in community activities.
- Remain informed and supportive of the initiatives of other departments and effectively communicate changes, council/departmental initiatives, etc. with volunteers.
- Identify volunteer needs and provide support to volunteers through communication with various GSCNC departments.
- Plan, develop and implement short-term programs and/or Camp for non-Girl Scouts with the goal of transitioning girls into traditional troops.
- Acquire ability to work with membership database and online registration system .
- Assist volunteers with the online registration system and registration process.
- Support fund development by promoting the Annual Giving Campaign.
- Participate in additional council and departmental administrative/activity task groups as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree, equivalent related work or extensive Girl Scout volunteer experience.
- Volunteer management experience.
- Experience in sales or other membership recruitment assignments a plus.
- Experience with Microsoft Office package, including Word and Excel.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communications skills.
- Excellent presentation skills and ability to interact effectively in a public setting.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Able to work effectively and achieve goals both individually and as part of a team.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage resources and projects.
- Able to maintain a flexible work schedule consisting of frequent, evening and weekend meetings and activities.
- Must have access to an automobile for daily travel within the jurisdiction.
- Ability to collect and analyze data.
- Ability to manage multiple projects at a time.
- Ability to problem solve creatively.
- Ability to work independently.
- Must be able to lift 35 pounds without difficulty.
Preference may be given to candidates with Girl Scout experience or experience working with volunteers in a leadership role
Interested candidates should send cover letter and resume to:
Senior Staff Recruiter
Girl Scout Council of the Nation's Capital
4301 Connecticut Ave, NW, Suite M-2
Washington, DC 20008
Via email: email@example.com
Via fax: 202-274-2161
Equal Opportunity Employer
Back to Current Openings