Girl Scouts of the Nation's Capital cookie sales for the 2012-2013 Girl Scout year have now ended. Thank you for participating and see you at the next Girl Scout cookie sale!
What can a girl do? Click to learn more.
Leadership benefits in Girl Scouting & Beyond
Girl Scouts gain 5 skills through participation in Girl Scout Product Sale programs. These skills are an integral ingredient in the Girl Scout Leadership Experience
1. Goal Setting - Girl Scouts set goals individually and, with her team, creates a plan to reach them. Girls develop Cooperation and Team Building Skills along the way
2. Decision Making - Each girl helps decide how her troop will spend their product sales proceeds, furthering the Critical Thinking and Problem Solving skills that will help in many aspects of life in the future.
3. Money Management - Girl Scouts take orders, handle customer's money and gain valuable and Practical Life Skills in financial literacy
4. People Skills -Product Sale Program experience, help Girl Scouts develop Healthy Relationships and Conflict Resolution skills she can use throughout her life.
5. Business Ethics - Girl Scouts are honest and responsible at every step of a product sale. These business ethics reinforce the Positive Values she is developing as a Girl Scout.
Here at GSCNC, Product Sales means the opportunity to sell during QSP/Ashdon Farms during the Fall Product Sale program and, of course, Girl Scout Cookies in early winter through spring.