New GSUSA Contest
In a new contest, Girl Scouts Speak Out! encourages girls
to make a video PSA featuring their visions for a brighter
tomorrow, including how they'll use technology to
change the world for the better and create a healthier,
happier future. The contest is in partnership with DELL
and is titled "The Future I See...". Entries will be
accepted through January 15, 2014, and open to all Girl
Scouts. Voting on entries closes January 31, 2014.
Find out here more about Girl Scouts Speak Out!
GSUSA and AT&T are teaming up for It Can Wait, the
national movement to end texting while driving. As
advocates for the It Can Wait campaign, Girl Scouts
across the nation will educate their friends, family, and
local communities about the dangers of
texting while driving. Take the pledge NOW!
DC Step Show Team Registration is Now Open!
Share this with Troops that may be interested in showing
off their stepping skills. Troops have to sign up to perform in the Council's DC Step Showcase. All of the team members must be registered members of GSCNC.
For more information including videos of stepping and
performance guidelines, click here.
The last issue of Shenandoah News had a minor few inconsistencies with the information given about the Cookie Program ACH Payment process. Please see below for updated information.
Overview of the Cookie Program ACH Payment Process
There are changes happening this season related to troop cookie payments. Instead of depositing into Council's bank account, troops will deposit all cookie money into their troop account. The council will then withdraw payment, based on a specific formula from the troop's account with four scheduled transactions. Troops must submit the ACH Electronic Debit Authorization Form to the SU Money Manager and may not receive cookies until the ACH Electronic Debit Authorization Form has been submitted. Although Council will never withdraw more from a troop account than the available balance allows, causing insufficient funds, any fees your bank might charge due to the attempt to withdraw an amount greater than the balance, will be the responsibility of the troop. Membership Specialists have provided SU Money Managers with the ACH Electronic Debit Authorization Forms for troops during the Money Manager trainings.
The four scheduled payments will include a 'test' transaction of $1.00, which is scheduled to happen in February, and then three additional payments:
- Two weeks after the initial order delivery, $2.00 per box will be withdrawn based on 50% of the Girls' Initial Order boxes (only those cookies credited to girls as pre-sold).
- March 20th, $2.00 per box will be withdrawn based on 75% of the troop's total order (minus the 50% Girl Initial Order already received). This will include all cookies received by the troop as of March 20.
- April 10th, the last payment of the troop's cookie responsibility will be withdrawn
The $1.00 February test transaction will be credited to the troop as a payment.
For questions about this payment process please contact Allison Green at 800.523.7898 ext. 255 or email@example.com.
Answers to potential ACH questions can be found here:
Save the Date
Delegate ForumSaturday, March 1, 2014Martinsburg Girl Scout Office
Delegates represent the girls and adults of their Service Unit. At this Forum, delegates will be asked to respond to the following questions:
- What steps can we take to increase the retention of our Brownies, Juniors and their leaders?
- What support do we need to provide to service units and troops to help them deliver programming using the Girl Scout Journeys and the Girls Guide to Girl Scouting?
- What steps can we take to increase our members' participation of in our cookie entrepreneurial program and annual giving campaign (SHARE)?
Early Bird Coupons
The Early Bird coupons distributed to troops were printed without the redemption amount. The coupons are redeemable for $20 for use in the Girl Scout shop only. Remember to use your coupons by December 15th.
Association 14 Web Page
Spread the word! We now have a webpage page for Association 14. Log on at http://gs14.gscnc.org/. Please be sure to check back frequently for updated information.