Girl Scout Shop Merchandiser
POSITION: Girl Scout Shop Merchandiser
REPORTS TO: Assistant Manager, Retail Operations
PRIMARY AREAS OF WORK:
Assists in carrying out merchandising activities necessary to the successful operation of a retail shop.
- Ensures that stock levels are maintained on the merchandise units in neat and attractive manner.
- Assist in processing and marking incoming merchandise.
- Provides courteous and efficient service to customers, by phone, and in a self-service setting.
- Receives all incoming deliveries for the shop.
- Fills mail/van orders.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- High School diploma or GED plus experience working in a retail store (i.e. sales clerk).
- Proven ability to work with multiple tasks in an organized, well-paced manner.
- Knowledge and demonstrated ability to perform arithmetic computations and to handle cash and credit transactions using electronic cash register.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with staff and the public.
- Excellent verbal communications skills.
- Must be able to work on a flexible schedule, which may include evening and/or weekend work.
- Must be able to lift 25 pounds without difficulty.
Creative skills in merchandising of goods, (sales approach, promotion of merchandise, etc.)
Back to Current Openings