News about H1N1 Flu (Swine Flu)
10 Ways You Can Stay Healthy at Work (PDF)
Please take all necessary precautions to prevent regular seasonal flu and 2009 H1N1 flu. GSCNC will follow the guidance issued by the Centers for Disease Control on how to protect against this form of influenza.
- Cover your nose and mouth with a tissue when you cough or sneeze. Use your shirt sleeve or elbow if no tissue is available.Throw the tissue in the trash after you use it.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water, especially after you cough or sneeze. Alcohol-based hand cleaners are also effective.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth. Germs spread this way.
- Avoid close contact with sick people.
- Follow public health advice regarding school closures, avoiding crowds and other social distancing measures.
- Those with flu like illness should stay home from work or school.
- You should stay home for at least 24 hours after you no longer have a fever, or signs of a fever, without the use of fever-reducing medicines. Stay home even if you are using antiviral drugs.
All inquires for information should go directly to the CDC website.
We are monitoring the situation and will post any change in guidance.
Posted: Oct 19, 2009
« Return to What's New