President Service Award
The President’s Volunteer Service Award (PVSA) recognizes individuals who are committed to a high level of volunteer and service. These individuals work tirelessly to help solve some of the toughest challenges facing their communities, and our nation.
As an official certifying organization, Girl Scouts Nations Capital members are eligible to receive this special award in recognition of their annual volunteer service. Girl Scouts that achieve the minimum number of needed hours of service, will receive the PVSA award package which will include a custom letter from the President, a certificate and a pin.
2022-2023 Award Year
Volunteer service hours are completed between October 1st, 2022 – September 30th, 2023. All service hours must be reported to the Girl Scouts Nations Capital office by October 10, 2023, to be counted. See below for information on how to report your service hours.
PVSA Volunteer Eligibility
• United States citizen or lawful permanent resident of the United
• Completes eligible service within a 12-month period (October 1st, 2022 – September 30th, 2023)
Per federal program rules, the PVSA may only be awarded to U.S. citizens or lawful permanent residents (i.e. green card holders). However, all Girl Scout Cadettes through Ambassadors are encouraged earn their Silver Trefoil Award (Silver Trefoil Award | GSCNC)
• Unpaid acts of volunteer service benefiting others (can be in-person or virtual)
• Eligible Service does NOT include: donating funds, political lobbying (non-partisan voter registration is an eligible activity), religious instruction, conducting worship service, proselytizing, volunteer service performed as part of court-ordered community service and serving only family members.
Hours Required to Earn Awards in Each Age Group:
|Kids (5-10)||26-49 hours||50-74 hours||75+ hours|
|Teens (11-15)||50-74 hours||75-99 hours||100+ hours|
|Young Adult (16-25)||100-174 hours||175-249 hours||250+ hours|
|Adults (26+)||100-249 hours||250-499 hours||500+ hours|
Members who achieve the minimum number of volunteer service during
the 2022-2023 year will recieve:
• The official President’s Volunteer Service Award pin
• A personalized certificate of achievement
• A letter signed by President Joseph R. Biden, Jr.
The award package will be mailed directly to qualifying Girl Scouts in the fall.
Tracking Service Hours
It is recommended that Girl Scouts keep track of their volunteer service hours throughout the year. Please note that girls must have their hours signed by the person running the event or by a troop leader if the event organizer is not available.
Reporting Hours to the National Office
Girl Scout members will report their volunteer service hours in this form. The form must be received by October 10th, 2023. Please email all forms to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Information that will be required to submit is:
• Date(s) of the Volunteer Service
• Brief Description of the Service
• Number of Service Hours
• Initials of the event organizer (or troop leader)
If you have any questions regarding the Presidential Volunteer
Service Award email