Hey, Girl Scout parents and guardians! Want to experience camp with your camper? Join the team of experienced volunteers who create the magic of camp, and you can be a part of your camper’s summer adventure. After all, it’s folks like you, behind the scenes or leading activities and groups, that make our amazing camps possible! Fill out the new camp volunteer interest survey to get connected with camps near you.
Some of the benefits of volunteering at day and evening camp may include:
- Spending time with your daughter
- Priority registration for your camper
- Guaranteed placement for your camper
- Reduced registration fee for your camper
- No need to arrange childcare for your other children - many camps offer boy and preschool-age units for children of volunteers. Some even offer infant/toddler units!
- Developing your leadership expertise
- Gaining new skills and tools
- Connecting with fellow Girl Scout volunteers in your area
All volunteers must become Girl Scouts Nation’s Capital adult volunteers, complete a background check, and receive pre-camp training. Volunteer roles include:
- Unit Leader/Counselor: Guide a group of campers through pre-planned activities with another counselor or a teen aide.
- Program/Center Volunteer: Teach a skill or plan and lead a special activity like arts & crafts, nature/outdoors, STEM, high adventure, sports, etc.
- Health Supervisor: Provide first aid and manage camper and staff safety (requires First Aid/CPR certifications).