National delegate responsibilities:
- Attend all local orientation and preparation meetings prior to the National Convention.
- Study the National Council Meeting agenda.
- Understand Girl Scouts Nation’s Capital stance on actions to be taken by the National Council (delegates may vote independently, based on the best interests of Girl Scouting as a whole).
- Attend all National Council meetings and report National Council actions to Girl Scouts Nation Capital members.
- Know parliamentary procedures and how to use them.
- Participate as a national delegate for the entire three-year period.
A national delegate must be:
- A citizen of the United States of America.
- A registered member of Girl Scouts Nation’s Capital.
- Fourteen years of age or older.
- Able to represent the points of view of various ethnic, racial, educational, civic, religious, and socioeconomic groups.
- Willing to prepare thoroughly on the issues and business that will come before the National Council.